AEQUITAS antitrust practice dates more than 10 years back. The firm boasts dozens of successful approvals of M&A transactions significant to Kazakhstan’s economy.
Over the past several years, the importance of antitrust regulation in Kazakhstan has largely increased. This is both due to the development of market relations inside Kazakhstan, and to the creation of the Eurasian Economic Union, integration processes and Kazakhstan's accession to the WTO. The legislation on competition protection and counteraction to monopolistic activities has been seriously amended and continues to develop and improve. AEQUITAS lawyers are perfectly familiar with the legislation and the law-application and judicial practice and can address most complex aspects of the national and supra-national antitrust legislation application.
AEQUITAS has signed cooperation agreements with experts extensively experienced in the economic-and-analytical and applied scientific research in the field of competition policy. Due to such expert cooperation, AEQUITAS clients can enjoy not just the legal support services for their projects, but also economic analysis of commodity markets and determination of an entity’s market share, as well as expert examination to identify the signs of monopolistically high or low prices or the geographical and commodity borders of the market.
Partner Natalya Braynina heading AEQUITAS antitrust practice is a member of the Council for Competition Protection of Atameken National Chamber of RK Entrepreneurs and a member of the Noncommercial Partnership “Supporting Competition in the CIS Countries” – an organization uniting the CIS leading legal advisors and in-house lawyers specializing in the antitrust area.
- Preparation of documents and legal support in obtaining the antimonopoly agency’s consent to transactions involving economic concentration.
- Local antitrust compliance advice and development of business-relevant recommendations.
- Local antitrust compliance review and drafting of contracts and agreements.
- Advice regarding EAEU supra-national antitrust legislation application.
- Antitrust compliance, including development and implementation of corporate compliance systems.
- Client representation in the course of investigations conducted by the antimonopoly agency of the Republic of Kazakhstan.
- Interaction with the antimonopoly agency of the Republic of Kazakhstan in cases where market entities submit to conciliation commissions.
- Client representation is disputes involving antitrust legislation application.
LEGAL UPDATES & PUBLICATIONS
You can find a complete list of AEQUITAS publications and information memoranda in Press Center