Construction & Real Estate is one of AEQUITAS’s oldest and most active areas of practice, accumulating the firm’s impressive experience. AEQUITAS has contributed its legal support to the construction of major industrial and social facilities and large residential complexes in different regions of Kazakhstan.
AEQUITAS is regularly providing legal support to the construction of infrastructure facilities. The firm acted as a local counsel in a project involving construction of an artificial island in the Caspian offshore zone and advised on the oil pipelines and infrastructure facilities construction in the Caspian Sea ports.
AEQUITAS lawyers are well aware of all practical nuances associated with construction activities and interaction with governmental agencies, while adhering at all times to the high standards of transparency and professional ethics in their practice.
The firm’s huge experience of representing major foreign investors allows it find efficient legal solutions to complicated issues related to the exercise of rights to immovable property. The firm’s expertise comprisesintricately structured transactions over land plots, buildings and residential and administrative compounds, including issues of securing and performing obligations to foreign lenders.
Client representation in courts and arbitrations over construction-related disputes is a significant portion of the firm’s dispute resolution practice. AEQUITAS lawyers have been defending a large Indian transnational company active in oil sector design and construction in a litigation over construction of USD 200 million facilities located at Kashagan oil and gas field.
A famous Kazakhstan scholar and a leadingexpert in this area, Prof. Kulyash M. Ilyasova, Doctor of Law, has joined AEQUITAS team to work on most complicated construction and real estate projects as a Counsel.
- Advice on land lawmatters, issues of land plot taking (including for the state needs), changing the land plot category and designation, combining and division of land plots, compensation of agricultural production losses, establishment of mortgages and easements, legal claims, and foreclosure as part of bankruptcy proceedings and enforcement proceedings.
- Advice on and drafting of package construction contracts, including complex EPC contracts.
- Advice and legal support in transactions involving real estate and construction project financing and crediting.
- Due diligence of construction projects and real estate title.
- Advice on various construction issues (construction permitting documentation, preparation and expert review of design-and-estimate documentation, construction work implementation, commissioning of constructed facilities, etc.).
- Legal support in the state registration of real estate title and encumbrances.
- Legal support in obtaining architecture, town-planning and construction licenses.
- Construction-related environmental advice.
LEGAL UPDATES & PUBLICATIONS
Shaikenov V., Idayatova A. Issues of Construction Guarantee Period Regulation under Kazakh Civil Legislation // The Legal 500. – June 2016. URL: http://www.legal500.com/c/kazakhstan/developments/32172
You can find a complete list of AEQUITAS publications and information memoranda in Press Center