Yekaterina Khamidullina specializes in corporate and labor law and in healthcare and real estate areas. She joined AEQUITAS in 2012, after passing internship with the firm in 2011.
In 2012, Ms. Khamidullina graduated with honors from the Al-Farabi Kazakh National University, where she was majoring in jurisprudence. In 2014, Yekaterina earned her Master of Laws degree in civil law from the Al-Farabi University and in 2016 – Master of Laws in International Business Law (LLM) from the Central European University, Hungary. She is a member of the Kazakhstan Bar Association and a respondent for the World Bank's Doing Business legislation monitoring program.
Ms. Khamidullina has authored a number of publications in her areas of specialization.
MOST REPRESENTATIVE PROJECTS
Real Estate, Registration & Licensing
- Participation in the due diligence of several large Kazakh companies, including due diligence of the corporate documents, assets, labor documents and the permitting documents required to conduct business in Kazakhstan.
- Advice to Gazprom Neft PJSC as a part of restructuring of the company's business in Kazakhstan.
- Legal support in the obtainment of license to provide services in the atomic energy use area for General Electric.
- Advice to Freight One JSC regarding issues of registration and record-keeping of freight rolling stock in the Republic of Kazakhstan.
- Advice to foreign investors concerning construction of power plants and obtainment of the required permits.
- Overall legal support in the process of pledging immovable property of a local company to Bank Otkritie Financial Corporation PJSC, including due diligence of the documents confirming the title to property, registration of the property pledge and drafting of a legal opinion.
- Advising on matters related to the setting up and registration of legal entities and their structural subdivisions in Kazakhstan, increase of the charter capital, reorganization of companies, change of shareholders, acquisition and alienation of participation interests.
- All-round legal support in the reorganization of a large local company, including development of a step-by-step plan of actions and preparation of all required documents and submission thereof to the authorized agencies.
- Participation in the liquidation of foreign legal entities' branches and advising on matters involving suspension of legal entity activities.
- Advising on the joint stock companies laws and placing information about corporate events of a joint stock company on the website of Financial Reporting Depository.
Healthcare, Medicine & Pharmaceuticals
- Advice to major pharmaceutical companies on the issues of pharmaceutical activities regulation in Kazakhstan, including registration, re-registration and advertising of medications; procurement, importation and expert evaluation of medical products and medical equipment; different marketing events conducted by medical professionals; issues of liability and the current practice of sanctions against statutory violations in the Republic of Kazakhstan.
- Analysis of a major pharmaceutical company's standard operating procedures as to compliance with the Republic of Kazakhstan's legislation.
- Participated in the due diligence of a number of major pharmaceutical companies.
- Advising on the protection of intellectual property rights (patent rights) to medicines in the Republic of Kazakhstan.
- Drafting of different contracts for pharmaceutical companies, including contract for the implementation of a patient support program in the Republic of Kazakhstan, pharmacy chain services contracts, auction holding contract, etc.
Labor & Employment
- Advising on labor, foreign labor engagement, personal data protection and migration law issues.
- All-round legal support in the process of the CEO change at a Kazakh subsidiary of foreign company, including preparation and custom-tailored adaptation of internal (corporate, labor, etc.) documents to meet the client's interests and notification of governmental agencies about the CEO change.
- Participation in a project involving obtainment and issuance of the Republic of Kazakhstan Ministry of Energy's authorization to alienate the subsoil use rights-related facilities in favor of Conwell Oil Corporation.
- Advising companies on a range of antimonopoly legislation issues.
- Preparation of notifications and applications to obtain the Republic of Kazakhstan Antimonopoly Agency’s consent to economic concentration.
- Participated in the preparation and conducting of training in local antimonopoly law and advertising regulation for employees of a major pharmaceutical company.
- Legal analysis/drafting of contracts of different types and levels of complexity (supply contracts, service contracts, lease agreements, pledge/mortgage agreements, surety agreements, insurance contracts, licensing agreements and other types of contracts governed by the Kazakh law).
- Advising on legal regulation over advertising in the Republic of Kazakhstan, including drafting of various contracts for the provision of marketing/advertising and advisory services.
- Advising companies on the matters of TV and radio broadcasting, teletrade and VoIP telephony in the Republic of Kazakhstan.
- Preparation of Information Memoranda concerning amendments to the Republic of Kazakhstan's current legislation.
Khamidullina Ye. A guide to how labour relations are regulated in the Astana International Financial Centre in Kazakhstan // Ius Laboris. – April 2020
Khamidullina Ye. The impact of the GDPR outside the EU. Kazakhstan chapter // Ius Laboris. – September 2019
Khamidullina Ye. Remote Work: Issues and Particulars of Legal Regulation in Kazakhstan and Abroad // Legal 500. – December 2016.
Shaikenov V., Khamidullina Ye. Awarding Attorneys’ Fees by Kazakh Courts: Some Ambiguities. // Investors’ Voice. – 2014. – № 58. – p. 18-21.