Webinar: Hiring individuals without legal presence. Key tips in Russia, Kazakhstan, Belarus and Ukraine
Dear Ladies and Gentlemen,
Currently, companies, on more and more occasions, choose to engage independent partners (individuals), in the countries where the company wishes to set up a business, or increase its market share. This avoids creating a full legal presence. In particular, the great attraction of this was, from one side, globalization and rapid IT development, and from the other side, economic efficiency (e.g., avoiding unreasonable costs connected with a full legal presence) and the need for in-depth expertise of the local market, provided by local experts. The hiring of individuals is very attractive, but it entails many issues as well, which should be considered and addressed, before the decision to move forward is taken.
AEQUITAS Law Firm jointly with ALRUD Law Firm, Vasil Kisil and Partners and COBALT Law Firm are honored to invite you to our open roundtable:
“Hiring individuals without legal presence. Key tips in Russia, Kazakhstan, Belarus and Ukraine”
Legal experts will speak about most relevant issues and best practices, related to the engagement of independent partners (individuals) in Russia, Kazakhstan, Belarus and Ukraine, including the following topics:
1. Available options for structuring contractual relations with individuals (e.g. employment, works and services contracts, cooperation agreements, agency model: outsourcing & outstaffing, etc.)
- Pros & cons, in each jurisdiction
- Labor law implications and options for their mitigation
- Main terms of commercial arrangements
- Registration formalities
- Different tax regimes
- Personal data issues
- Potential legal & tax consequences
2. Protection of the company’s IP rights
- How to formalize the development of IP by a local partner and its later assignment to the company?
3. About protection of the company’s sensitive information
- Confidentiality arrangements and trade secrets
Our meeting will be useful for the lawyers, marketing managers and other professionals who are interested in cooperation with independent partners (individuals) in Russia, Kazakhstan, Belarus and Ukraine.
Click here to register your interest.
Participation is free of charge.
It will be a pleasure for us if you can join us!