Almagul is specializing in the field of corporate and commercial law, antitrust legislation, banking and finance. She has great experience in regulatory compliance, support of M&A transactions and due diligence of major local companies from various economy sectors. Almagul has been working with AEQUITAS since 2022.
She often advises major transnational corporations handling complicated transactions in multiple jurisdictions, such as Korea National Oil Corporation (KNOC), Borealis, HeidelbergCement, China Telecom, Mitsubishi Corporation, Philips, SoftBank, Baker Hughes, British American Tobacco, Sandvik Mining and Construction, Panalpina, Toyota Motors, Yandex, Coca-Cola, Mars, EuroChem, etc.
|AEQUITAS Law Firm – Associate
|Centil Law Firm – Associate
|Tukulov & Kassilgov Litigation – Associate
|GRATA Law Firm – Associate
|Zan Law Company – Junior Associate
|Suleyman Demirel University, LLB, Kazakhstan
- Advising Munaily Kazakhstan LLP on restructuring issues and inclusion of a Chinese investor in the Board of Directors.
- Advising North Caspian Operating Company (NCOC) on a wide range of issues of the Kazakhstan corporate law.
- Advice and legal support of the rehabilitation procedure for a large local mall in Almaty.
- Registration, re-registration, state reorganization and liquidation of a number of local companies, representative offices and branches of foreign companies with the governmental agencies of Kazakhstan.
- Advising a division of an American multinational company, which is one of the world leaders in the consumer goods production, on various legislation issues.
- Advising a local representative office of Pfizer on various issues of the company’s activities in Kazakhstan.
- Advising Merck Group as to the Kazakhstan legislative regulations on information campaigns, ethical promotion of medicines and antitrust issues.
- Advising Molson Coors on advertising of medicines according to the Kazakhstan legislation.
- Advising a division of a German company manufacturing medical products on labor and regulatory matters.
- Analysis of antibribery and corruption control, sanctions, conflicts of interest policies of a major Croatian company active in the sphere of IT and telecommunications as to compliance with the Kazakhstan legislation requirements.
- Participation in the labor audit of a division of a global online marketplace as to compliance with legislative regulations in the sphere of occupational health and safety.
- Advising FMCG companies on their business activities, including drafting and analysis of various types of contracts (sale and purchase, lease, services, supply, construction, etc.).
- Participation in due diligence of Transnational Company Kazchrome JSC as part of transaction involving acquisition of its participatory interests.
- Participation in due diligence of a subsidiary of Sovereign Wealth Fund "Samruk-Kazyna" JSC in connection with a transaction involving acquisition of its shares.
- Participation in a project as a local legal advisor for DoorDash Inc. in connection with global acquisition of Wolt, Finnish delivery operator.
- Registration of a joint-stock company, preparation of the full set of documents required to register the issue of the stated shares with National Bank of Kazakhstan.
- Advising a major Japanese power company concerning the Kazakhstan power supply system and opportunities for entering into the private sector, as well as aspects relating to investment and project financing.
- Support of listing of two Kazakhstan companies active in the iron ore and gold mining industries on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange.
- Representing Positive Invest LLP in the sale of its shares to Nostrum Oil & Gas, company listed on the London Stock Exchange.
- Representing a consortium of Korean investors in connection with alienation of investments in the Kazakhstan oil and gas industry.
Agadil A. 10 questions to a lawyer regarding consumer protection // Zakon.kz – 2023.02.16