Mr. Farukh Iminov represents the clients' interests in courts and local arbitrations on different categories of disputes and advises on a wide range of issues in the spheres of banking, financial and contractual law, civil proceedings, arbitration, bankruptcy and liquidation. He successfully supports the pretrial and extrajudicial dispute settlement procedures.
Mr. Iminov graduated with honors from Higher Law School Adilet of Caspian University and has an LLM academic degree.
Kazakhstan Bar Association
|2020-present||AEQUITAS Law Firm – Associate|
|2018-2020||Bassin Law Clinic – Law Clinic Associate|
|2022||Al-Farabi Kazakh National University, LLM, Kazakhstan|
|2020||Higher Law School Adilet, LLB, Kazakhstan|
- Successful representation in courts of three South-Korean financial institutions concerning recovery of debt and challenging the transfer of shares in the Kazakhstan legal entity.
- Successfully appealed to the appellate instance court against the first instance court judgement on recovery from the large lithuanian company of damages arisen in connection with fulfillment of obligations under the banking lease agreement.
- Successfully appealed to the court against the results of customs inspection imposed to the subsidiary of Dr. Theiss Naturwaren GmbH in Kazakhstan.
- Successful representation of interest of Unilever Kazakhstan LLP in the court on the issues associated with return of equipment, transferred under fulfillment of distribution agreement.
- Successful assistance to enforcement proceedings on return of equipment of Unilever Kazakhstan LLP.
- Advising local and foreign companies on various issues relating to judicial proceedings, civil proceedings, commercial arbitration, recognition and enforcement of judgments and awards of foreign courts and arbitrations, application of limitation periods.
- Preparation of a memorandum concerning the opportunity of invalidation of the transactions entered into with an intention to avoid the performance of obligations to a third party.
- Preparation of a memorandum concerning disputable legal relations arising in connection with causing damages to the cargo in the course of an international carriage by road and potential ways to protect the creditor's interests under the CMR Convention.
- Participation in projects on reorganization, liquidation of legal entities, de-registration of branches and representative offices of foreign legal entities.
- Preparation of a memorandum concerning the potential methods of the LLP liquidation with a view to the LLP's debt to its participant and absence of any assets.
- Participation in due diligence of one of insurance companies of Kazakhstan.
Banking and Finance
- Advising the clients concerning the additional issue of shares by a joint stock company.
- Preparation of the memoranda concerning the conclusion of international transactions with derivatives.
- Advising the clients on the issues of licensing of the broker's activities in the Kazakhstan territory when providing cross-border services.
- Preparation of a memorandum on the issue of whether a bank broker may provide outsourcing services relating to the local bank's activities on the securities market.
- Participated in the preparation of a memorandum concerning the turnover of precious metals.
- Advising the clients on taxation, currency regulation and control, rehabilitation and bankruptcy issues.
- Advising one of the largest industrial concerns of Germany on the issues associated with transfer of assets in connection with business restructuring.
Shaikenov V., Idayatova A., Iminov F. Kazakhstan Chapter: International Arbitration 2021 Global Practice Guide // Chambers and Partners – August 2021 Read
Manayenko Y., Iminov F., Regulation of activities in the sphere of financial services // AIFC Academy of Law DISCOURSE. – April 2021