Ms. Zhazykbayeva's areas of specialization are civil law, investment and customs legislation, private international law, arbitration, and international development law.
Raushan advised major foreign investors and international organizations on cross-border transactions relating to investments, natural resources, project financing, issue of securities, construction and other. She represented clients in privatization projects in the oil and gas, coal, gold mining, and food industries, and drafted privatization agreements, due diligence reports, legal risk summaries, foundation agreements of joint ventures, and other legal documents.
While acting as an international legal counsel for the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (UN FAO), Raushan partook in the implementation of legal reforms in the Eastern Europe and Central Asia. She advised the governments of the countries of this region on the issues of harmonization of national legislation with international conventions and treaties, analyzed legal systems of different countries, drafted national laws, conducted legal researches, prepared legal recommendations and memoranda for national governments.
|AEQUITAS Law Firm – Counsel
|UN FAO – International Legal Counsel
|AEQUITAS Law Firm – Partner
|Kazakh State-Owned Foreign Trade Company "Kazmetallexport" – Chief Legal Officer
|Customs Committee of the Republic of Kazakhstan – Associate
|London University, Master of Law, United Kingdom
|Al-Farabi Kazakh National University, Bachelor of Law, Kazakhstan
- Advice to a major mining enterprise of Kazakhstan on the issues of entering into a coal production contract with the Government of the Republic of Kazakhstan.
- Represented the client's interests in connection with entering into a contract with the Government of the Republic of Kazakhstan for trust management of the state-owned stake in a major petroleum company of Kazakhstan.
- Many times represented a leading manager in connection with issue and placement of sovereign and corporate eurobonds.
- Assisted with the implementation of the World Bank's project on the construction of irrigation systems in Kazakhstan.
- Advice to investors in connection with listing of the largest copper company of Kazakhstan on the London Stock Exchange.
- Advice to the leading Russian GSM company on the issue of acquisition of a Kazakhstan GSM company.
- Advice to an international beverage manufacturer on the issues of setting up a subsidiary brewing company in Kazakhstan and global listing.
- Advice to EBRD on acquisition of 30% of shares in a major Kazakhstan bank.
- Advice to a Russian petroleum company concerning obtainment of credit from IFC for the Karachaganak gas field.
- Participated in law-drafting activities: Law on Grain Receipts in the Russian Federation; Law on Organic Agriculture in Azerbaijan, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan and Uzbekistan; Law on Agriculture and Certification of Vineyards in Armenia; Law on Seed Production in Armenia, Kyrgyzstan, Mongolia, North Macedonia and Tajikistan; Law on Phytosanitary and Plant Quarantine in Uzbekistan; Law on Protection of Plant Varieties in Azerbaijan, Mongolia and Uzbekistan.
Zhazykbayeva R., Sharipov Z. Organic production in Kazakhstan: comments on the Draft Law on Production and Circulation of Organic Products // Zakon.kz – 2022.11.29.
Zhazykbayeva R. Regulation of Production, Labeling and Certification of Organic Products in Legislation of the Republic of Kazakhstan // Zakon.kz – 2022.04.28.