AEQUITAS has amassed noteworthy expertise advising clients active in the production, distribution, marketing and sale of consumer and industrial goods, including contract drafting and negotiation, client representation before governmental agencies, dispute settlement, and choosing the goods customs clearance regime.
AEQUITAS advice in this area largely addresses goods and services advertising issues, consumer protection compliance, product labeling and certification requirements and special trade regulations.
The firm has been directly involved in the establishment and legal support of activities for a number of companies subsequently becoming major manufacturers and suppliers of industrial and consumer goods in Kazakhstan. AEQUITAS provided legal support in projects to promote famous global brands to the local market.
- Advice regarding establishment and development of trade business in Kazakhstan, including selection and registration of the optimal form of legal presence, commercial goods production and turnover, goods certification and labeling, and advertising issues.
- Advice pertaining to regulation of particular kinds of goods and products (tobacco products, cosmetics, pet food, jewelry, luxury items, etc.).
- Drafting and review of various contracts and distribution agreements, including in the sphere of multi-level marketing (MLM).
- Advice on various issues of the Customs Union customs legislation, in particular, import and export clearance procedures and optimal customs regime.
- Advice regarding currency regulation and currency control in the Republic of Kazakhstan.
- Comprehensive legal services in connection with franchising projects.
- Advice and client representation in consumer disputes.
LEGAL UPDATES & PUBLICATIONS
You can find a complete list of AEQUITAS publications and information memoranda in Press Center