A major part of AEQUITAS day-to-day practice is comprised of services relating to legal support of the clients’ business. Beside its focus areas of practice, such as corporate, finance & capital markets, labor law, litigation and subsoil use, the firm possesses versatile experience in this segment – from drafting of contracts to due diligence of companies.
The type of services enjoying constant and popular demand by the firm’s clients is applying with competent authorities for various permitting documents and approvals, without which certain commercial activities in Kazakhstan are impossible. The firm has a vast practice of obtaining transaction approvals from Kazakhstan antimonopoly agencies, applying for the state’s waiver of alienated subsoil use rights acquisition, obtaining currency operation permitting documents from the National Bank of the Republic of Kazakhstan, etc.
AEQUITAS lawyers regularly advise on licensing legislation matters and provide services that involve filing license applications with competent authorities.
Of late, AEQUITAS has been largely advising on matters relating to the application of the Customs Union and Unified Economic Space supranational legislations.
The firm’s lawyers are ready to assist in the preparation of tender documents and provide related advice to customers intending to participate in public procurement or procurement for national companies.
- Contract drafting and local law compliance review of draft contracts.
- Legal assistance in contract execution process, including participation in negotiations and adjustment of contract provisions subject to the balance of the parties’ interests; arrangements for contract notarization/registration with the authorized agencies.
- Advice regarding securing of obligations, liability for failure to perform/improper performance of obligations, and termination of contractual relations.
- Advice and development of recommendations regarding compliance with the local legislation governing commercial activities (antimonopoly, currency, consumer protection, advertising, etc.).
- Client representation in business reputation disputes.
- Advice on participation in public procurement and procurement for national companies, assistance in tender documents preparation.
- Intellectual property law advice, including copyright compliance and protection, and neighboring rights and rights to undisclosed information.
LEGAL UPDATES & PUBLICATIONS
You can find a complete list of AEQUITAS publications and information memoranda in Press Center