Over the entire period of its existence, AEQUITAS has been rendering services on a variety of agriculture-related regulatory issues.
In the past several years, AEQUITAS lawyers have been advising the leading banks and financial companies, such as BNP Paribas, Société Générale, HSBC France and BCGE, as well as major local agricultural producers, on various issues of trade finance secured by grain and cotton collaterals in Kazakhstan.
One of the firm’s latest projects was legal support to the establishment of KazBeef Ltd., a joint Kazakh-US company organized with the participation of Kazakhstan’s Ministry of Agriculture instrumentalities in order to develop the country’s livestock breeding. AEQUITAS provided legal services in connection with the project contemplating the use of agricultural land for commercial soy production initiated by the China Investment Corporation (СIС).
- Advice regarding legal regulation of grain and cotton receipts and harvest collateral.
- Agricultural products supply contracts drafting and draft review.
- Full due diligence of agricultural companies.
- Advice on grain elevators legal regulation.
- Advice regarding project finance in agriculture.