The advent of large foreign companies to the Kazakhstani market increasingly brings the term ‘compliance’ into practice. Although management of legal and compliance risks is still an underexplored domain, AEQUITAS has amassed a considerable experience in this area.
The firm practices comprehensive due diligence of companies as to compliance with the external and internal regulatory background. The firm’s lawyers have many times completed full labor due diligence of companies, prepared them for labor inspections and conducted corporate, antimonopoly, anticorruption and other regulatory compliance audit. In order to help the clients comply with the personal data protection requirements, AEQUITAS has developed recommendations and a set of documents that are mandatory for all companies, and regularly advises on applying these documents in the company’s
For several years, AEQUITAS lawyers have been preparing a comprehensive review of local legislation in the framework of an international comparative antitrust reference book for CIS Legal Counsel Network.
AEQUITAS lawyers conduct seminars for the firm’s clients on general issues of the purport and main areas of compliance, its practical significance and possible ways of implementation against the local business background, as well as on specific compliance areas, such as anticorruption compliance, personal data and other aspects of labor relations.
- Advice on different legislative issues regarding counteraction to the legalization of income and anticorruption matters, compliance with mandatory industry regulatory requirements and procedures and applicable administrative and criminal liability.
- Check of companies’ activities and internal documentation for compliance with antimonopoly and labor legislation of the Republic of Kazakhstan. Adaptation of internal global operating procedures to local legislation requirements.
- Client representation in the course of governmental inspections.
- Check of the company activities for compliance with industry regulator requirements.
- Advice on personal data protection issues, drafting of consents to personal data protection and
cross-bordertransfer; check of documentation as to compliance with the personal data protection legislation.
- Development of recommendations to prevent and eliminate compliance risks.