AEQUITAS antitrust practice dates more than 10 years back. The firm boasts dozens of successful approvals of M&A transactions significant to Kazakhstan’s economy.
Over the past several years, the importance of antitrust regulation in Kazakhstan has largely increased. This is both due to the development of market relations inside Kazakhstan, and to the creation of the Eurasian Economic Union, integration processes and Kazakhstan's accession to the WTO. The legislation on competition protection and counteraction to monopolistic activities has been seriously amended and continues to develop and improve. AEQUITAS lawyers are perfectly familiar with the legislation and the law-application and judicial practice and can address most complex aspects of the national and supra-national antitrust legislation application.
AEQUITAS has signed cooperation agreements with experts extensively experienced in the economic-and-analytical and applied scientific research in the field of competition policy. Due to such expert cooperation, AEQUITAS clients can enjoy not just the legal support services for their projects, but also economic analysis of commodity markets and determination of an entity’s market share, as well as expert examination to identify the signs of monopolistically high or low prices or the geographical and commodity borders of the market.
Nurlan Sholanov, Partner heading the firm’s Antitrust Practice, is a member of the Eurasian Competition Association, organization uniting legal professionals and trained economists specializing in the field of antitrust legislation.
- Preparation of documents and legal support in obtaining the antimonopoly agency’s consent to transactions involving economic concentration.
- Local antitrust compliance advice and development of business-relevant recommendations.
- Local antitrust compliance review and drafting of contracts and agreements.
- Advice regarding EAEU supra-national antitrust legislation application.
- Antitrust compliance, including development and implementation of corporate compliance systems.
- Client representation in the course of investigations conducted by the antimonopoly agency of the Republic of Kazakhstan.
- Interaction with the antimonopoly agency of the Republic of Kazakhstan in cases where market entities submit to conciliation commissions.
- Client representation is disputes involving antitrust legislation application.
LEGAL UPDATES & PUBLICATIONS
Information Letter concerning amendments to the RK legislation on competition and natural monopolies (12 January 2017)
Information Memorandum concerning amendments to the antimonopoly legislation in connection with the adoption of the Entrepreneurial Code (18 January 2016)
You can find a complete list of AEQUITAS publications and information memoranda in Press Center