“Good client relationship management, deep knowledge of specific laws and regulations.”
AsiaLaw Profiles 2022
“We appreciate Aequitas' responsiveness, clarity and ability to comply with the instructions provided and meet relevant deadlines.”
Chambers Asia Pacific 2022
“They are always available for any kind of support and fast in giving feedback and answers. We very much appreciated their proactiveness and standing. In particular, I’d like to highlight the fact that all their materials were written excellently.”
The Legal 500 2022
AEQUITAS corporate law practice started with the adoption of the young Kazakhstan’s legislative acts on legal entities, as well as with the establishment of Kazakhstan’s first joint ventures with foreign capital participation in 1993.
The firm has developed and successfully tested in practice the provisions of internal corporate documents helping to resolve dead-end situations and overcome legislative gaps in the field of corporate relations. AEQUITAS lawyers are advising clients on their day-to-day operating matters and providing all-round legal support in large transactions.
Certain firm’s corporate projects may be called unique. AEQUITAS has acquired and treasures invaluable experience of legal support to leading local companies coming to list on the London Stock Exchange and Kazakhstan Stock Exchange.
AEQUITAS acted as a legal counsel in such major projects as Russian Federation’s acquisition of interests in CPC-K JSC and CPC-R JSC from the Sultanate of Oman, drafting of amendments to Tengizchevroil LLP’s corporate documents, etc.
AEQUITAS was the law firm to render legal support in the establishment of Kazakh subsidiaries and representative offices of METRO Cash & Carry, MARS Overseas Holdings Inc., Gazprom Neft JSC, Lukoil JSC, and others.
AEQUITAS partners have participated in the development of the most important acts in the Republic of Kazakhstan’s corporate legislation, such as the Civil Code, Law on Limited and Additional Liability Partnerships and Law on Joint Stock Companies.
Nurlan Sholanov, head of AEQUITAS corporate practice, has been repeatedly recognized as a leading corporate law expert by international rating publications, such as Best Lawyers, Who’s Who Legal and Legal 500.
- Project concept development and advice to choose the best form of incorporation for businesses in Kazakhstan.
- Comprehensive support in the establishment (creation) of legal entities and structural subdivisions, including preparation of all necessary corporate and foundation documents, registrations with governmental agencies, opening of bank accounts and other required actions.
- Drafting and preparation of any and all corporate documents in accordance with the Kazakh legislation requirements and current practice.
- Development of corporate governance system and adaptation of management systems used in foreign jurisdictions to local statutory requirements.
- Advice on, and legal support to, corporate procedures, including convening and holding the meetings of shareholders and limited liability partnership participants, changing the amount of charter capital, issue of securities, acquisition of shares and participation interests in Kazakh companies, payment of dividends and resolution of corporate disputes.
- Advice and legal support in legal entities’ bankruptcy and liquidation.
LEGAL UPDATES & PUBLICATIONS
You can find a complete list of AEQUITAS publications and information memoranda in Press Center